Saturday, March 9, 2013

meditreanian feast





G





 This is a Mediterranean feast. 

 In the upper right hand corner we have  tzagiki cumcmber and dill spread  a roasted red pepper and feta spread with crostinis in a leek and spring onion oil. This is a great starter to any feast. Bread cheeses and dips are instant classics.  I feel this are a great ice breaker to any party. People like to gather in the kitchen or dining area and if u have these place around this spread is sure to make a statement.

Next we have a traditional Greek salad with a twist.  Tomatoes onions green peppers  crumble feta olive oil oregano salt pepper all  mixed togethe. The twist is where I layered the salad on a bed of blanched leeks cooled and and padded dry of all water. Then got a mold and placed the leeks on the bottom. To give height and a stable bottom. I pressed the leeks in the mol,then I took the salad mixture and add to the mold a spoonful at a time and pressed each spoonful add alittle more feta to be the glue to keep it together. Until the mix is to the top. In the pic I created a moat around the plate if u don't want the moat effect then add less olive oil.  I drizzled balsamic vinegar to the acidic element. 

For the entree I did herb crusted land with a pesto pasta and migithra (  greek Romano Cheese) 
I  pan seard the lamb  to caramelize the the fat and then add light mustard to make the herb crust to stick to the lamb. Then placed in the oven to finish cooking to tempeture. Then I added cooked pasta with special blend pesto.  

For dessert I made a gram cracker spice bakalava crust with bakalava spiced cheese cake. Made a cream cheese base add the baklava spice to the cheese cake  the crushed gram cracker withe spice butter  until till wet sand like paked it in a mold or cooking bowl. Add cream cheese base and cooked  it until done. 

Tzaziki  cucumber yogurt spread 
Roasted peppers & feta spread 
With leeks spring onion garlic oil crustini  with mini Greek salad 

Herb crusted  lamb racks  with pesto pasta 

Baklava spiced cheese cake 

List of items

Yogurt
Lemons 
Garlic 
Cucumber 
Vinegar white or red both 
Dill fresh 
Leek  
spring onion 
French bread 
Tomatoes 
Red onions 
Assorted peppers  
Feta cheese
Olives
Sirracha hot sauce 

Racks of lamb 
Panko break crumbs 
Dry herds parsley 
Oregano thyme 
Basil  
Fresh basil 
Salt pepper 

Pesto 
Any pasta 

 Cream cheese 
Walnuts 
Sugar 
Cinnamon 
Orange 
Vanilla 
Cloves 
Sour cream 
Heavy cream 
Eggs 
Gram crackers 
Cake ring or spring form pan 



  


I blog with BE Write

No comments:

Post a Comment